In this post we will provide the necessary information regarding CAT 2017 Entrance Exam such as its important dates, application form details, syllabus, eligibility criteria and few preparation tips. Before moving further have a look at a small summary of CAT Entrance Exam. Basically CAT is popularly known as Common Aptitude Test which is one of the most reputed MBA Entrance Exam in India. As most of the student knows that this entrance exam is not a kid play, and needs your best shot to clear out this exam.
CAT 2017 Exam Summary
Common Aptitude Test
IIM (Indian Institute of Management)
CAT 2017 Eligibility CriteriaEligibility criteria for CAT 2017 require a minimum graduation level education and other norm will be given according to Government Rules or IIM CAT Norms.
CAT 2017 Syllabus
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
· Number Systems
· Time and Work
· Permutation Combination
· Quadratic Profit And Loss
· Linear Equations, Etc.
Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
· Antonyms and Synonyms
· Sentence Correction
· Fill In the blanks
· Binary Logic
· Seating Arrangement
· Reading comprehension
· Blood Relations
· Logical Sequence
· Verbal reasoning
· Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Etc
CAT 2017 Important Dates
CAT 2017 Notification
July 29, 2017
CAT 2017 Application Commencement
August 9, 2017
CAT 2017 last date to apply
September 20, 2017 (till 5 PM)
CAT 2017 Admit Card
October 18, 2017 (1 PM onwards)
CAT 2017 Tutorial
October 18, 2017
CAT 2017 Exam
November 26, 2017
CAT 2017 Result
Second week of January, 2018
The IIM Common Admission Test (CAT) as being organized every year, for next session of 2017 – 2016 all the related dates will be released soon and we will published it here.
New Exam Pattern for CAT
New Exam Pattern for CAT
CAT 2017 Preparation Tips
CAT is the toughest MBA entrance exam in India. In order to do well you guys need to be well prepared for it. We recommend following tips that you can appliance to prepare in best way.
Plan your study strategy for every day. Decide the topics to prepare.
The pattern of the exam keep on fluctuating so to be well-set solves different types of previous question papers.
Practice to efficiently manage time. This will come only with practice.
It is important to know your weakness and strengths as it will help you plan your study routine.
Keep doing a regular revision so as not to completely forget what you have learnt.
It is important to pay attention to your health. Give yourself a good break after studying for long hours. Eat healthy food. Have good sleep.
Recommended Books for CAT Entrance Exam
Books for Quantitative Aptitude
· How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test 5th Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma, Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill 2012 Rs. 625, 2012 edition
· The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude And Data Interpretation For The CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 650, 2012 edition.
· Quantum CAT: Quantitative Aptitude Common Admission Test for Admission Into IIMs (Paperback) by Sarvesh K Verma Publisher:Arihant, Rs. 650, 2013 edition.
· To learn mathematics for the Quantitative Aptitude section from basics, refer to NCERT Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard & CBSE Mathematics books for 8th, 9th & 10th standard
· Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations Tips, Techniques, And Short-cut Methods by Guha Abhijit Rs. 450, 2010 edition
Books for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
· A Good book for DI – How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for the CAT Common Admission Test 1st Edition (Paperback) by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 550, 2012 edition.
· A Good book for LR – How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT Common Admission Test by Arun Sharma Publisher: Tata McGraw-Hill Rs. 450, 2012 edition.
· The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha. Publisher: Pearson. Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
Books for Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
· A Good book for VA – How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT Common Admission Test 4th Edition (Paperback) by Meenakshi Upadhyay, Arun Sharma. Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill, Rs. 575, 2011 Edition.
· The Pearson Guide To Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning For The CAT 1st Edition (Paperback) by Nishit K. Sinha Publisher: Pearson, Rs. 599, 2012 edition.
· Word Power Made Easy by NORMAN LEWIS Rs. 149, 2011 edition.
· A Communicative Grammar of English By: Geoffrey Leech Rs. 500, 2003 edition.
Recommended Business Magazines for CAT/MBA Aspirants
· Business Line by The Hindu Group
· Business Today by India Today Group
· Management Compass Career Launcher
· Business & Management Chronicle by Chronicle Publications
· Competition Success Review
Recommended Newspapers for CAT/MBA Aspirants
· The Hindu
· Economics Times
· The Statesman
CAT 2017 Official Notification: Click Here